bill_schubert: (Default)
[personal profile] bill_schubert
Coming up on 20 days since my last GLP1 shot and I still feel the changes slowly but surely returning things to normal.  I'm still 185 and eat about the same way I did on the juice but with no nausea and no feeling of bloating.

Some good pickleball yesterday and today.  I've abandoned the lower level PB players I was with, the Intermediate group, and now play with better players.  More movement, more difficulty, more losses.  But I was standing around a bunch with the lower level group.  Playing down to the level.  Now I'm having to focus and move and I'll get there.

I had my 65+ medical appointment yesterday.  The med system we use has a team approach to helping seniors lead by a gerontologist.  He definitely looks at things differently and it is really helpful.  Medicine that I've taken for years is now viewed through a different prism and the results is I'm going to wean off of Omeprazole to see how I do with out it.  I've been taking it for 25+ years but no longer drink and no longer have much stress and so maybe I no longer need it.  Less med is good.  Dana and I both now have a 24 hour line to call with urgent problems, a nurse specialist who sees us ever couple of months, and a line directly into the system pharmacy for questions and assistance getting prescriptions straightened out.  We have a team of senior specialists as our primary physician.  Zero cost.  So nice.

After about 45 mins of discussions and record review and the usual BP measurement we decided I was fine.  He said that at this point I'm likely to live long enough that having a PSA test is more dangerous than not.  The logic is that I've had a low PSA since I was 50 and it is unchanged in all that time so I'm unlikely to have any kind of aggressive prostate issues.  So now if I get the test and there is a blip the danger is more in chasing the anomoly with biopsies and such than in not being tested at all.  Yeah, I do not want to go down the prostate rabbit hole.  

Different medicine at my age.  Really nice.  He also said I was one of his youngest patients.  Funny.  He is in his 40s so should be around for a while.  Really nice set up.

Beaux still smells like a skunk.  I've washed him twice, the second time with special skunk enzyme cleaner.  Didn't matter.  He does not seem to notice anymore and for some reason Dana does not much smell skunk.  But Beaux can not sneak up on my now.  I can smell him coming.  I've given up on fixing it.  He doesn't love getting a bath so at some point it is just mean.  But I'm really tired of the smell.

I made us reservations with a VRBO place in Port Aransas in the last week of October.  So off to the beach.  The weather should be nice and the area should be pretty quiet.  The place we got is actually on the beach.  One floor with walk out the back patio onto the sand.  We are not much ocean swimmers and I'm always leery of the Gulf of whatever country it is today but I love to walk on the beach and love to just sit and listen to the waves.  AND Beaux has never seen water like that and Toby has only seen it once.  So we'll end up walking their little stubby legs off.

And good sea food too. 

I'd much rather go to Jacksonville, FL, but the trip is kind of hard and would be more so on the dogs.  Port Aransas is only four hours.  

I've got to get a good dog bed for the Lexus.  Fortunately both dogs travel well.





Date: 2026-08-28 16:49 (UTC)
From: [personal profile] maisydaisy
You are both being really well cared for by a system often mocked over here.

Date: 2026-08-28 19:16 (UTC)
msconduct: (Default)
From: [personal profile] msconduct
I've got to get a good dog bed for the Lexus.

Ah, a glimpse into the burdens of the 1%.

Date: 2026-08-28 20:43 (UTC)
anais_pf: (Default)
From: [personal profile] anais_pf
I have what might be a really stupid question: don't you already have a dog bed or beds that you can just move from the house to the car? Or are there special dog beds for cars? (Obviously I have never had a dog.)

Profile

bill_schubert: (Default)
bill_schubert

August 2026

S M T W T F S
       1
23 45 678
9101112 1314 15
16 17 1819 2021 22
23 24252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 09:43
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios