SciFi

Sep. 14th, 2026 11:37
bill_schubert: (Default)
[personal profile] bill_schubert
It has long been my contention that Science Fiction (or more accurately Speculative Fiction) is the front page of history's newspaper.  Only a matter of time.  So far just about everything I've read within the bounds of earth has come true.  From  CChester Gould (Dick Tracy) to Jules Verne s to Isaac Assimov I can point to so much of their far fetched ideas that we use as common place today.  And all the doom based SF seems to start with comic laden idiots in charge like:

Trump doubled down in a Truth Social post this morning, suggesting that the only necessary check on AI development would be Trump himself. “The only control or ‘guardrails’ that AI needs is a STRONG AND SMART (High IQ!) PRESIDENT, and the U.S.A. has that, in spades!”

The first chapter of future history's book is nearly written.

Hal, you can't write that.

Date: 2026-09-14 18:24 (UTC)
anais_pf: (Default)
From: [personal profile] anais_pf
I often think that Trump is The Mule.

Date: 2026-09-15 10:10 (UTC)
mallorys_camera: (Default)
From: [personal profile] mallorys_camera
Yes!!! Good catch. 😀

Date: 2026-09-14 18:38 (UTC)
From: [personal profile] maisydaisy
When you think it can't get any worse you wake up and it has done just that.

Date: 2026-09-15 17:35 (UTC)
mrdreamjeans3: Black Turtleneck (Default)
From: [personal profile] mrdreamjeans3
I wonder how A/I came up with tRUMP's claims. He's such an idiot.

Date: 2026-09-15 18:46 (UTC)
mrdreamjeans3: Black Turtleneck (Default)
From: [personal profile] mrdreamjeans3
I completely agree with you, Bill!

Profile

bill_schubert: (Default)
bill_schubert

September 2026

S M T W T F S
   12 34 5
67 8910 1112
13 1415 16 17 1819
202122 23242526
2728 29 30   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 30th, 2026 22:41
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios