Hard to process sometimes
Sep. 30th, 2026 14:23In December of 2020 I enrolled Zoe into the Dog Aging Project. Her certificate:

She was also a member of a trial for Rapamycin (called TRIAD) to see how it helped with heart health. Dog Aging is a longitudinal study so there's a lot of data entry and twice a year we'd drive over to Texas A&M to get her an EKG and blood workup to see how her heart was doing. She was the first graduate of the Triad study finishing the protocol after 3 years but was still monitored until she died and contributed with an autopsy after.
Today I finished the registry for Beaux:

so he is following in Zoe's pawsteps.
He may be too small to be in the Triad study but it is still going on and if we have the opportunity we'll do it.
My emotions are whipsawed. I'm so happy to be able to provide more information for this study but to be so close to Zoe again is difficult. She and I put in a lot of miles together.


She was also a member of a trial for Rapamycin (called TRIAD) to see how it helped with heart health. Dog Aging is a longitudinal study so there's a lot of data entry and twice a year we'd drive over to Texas A&M to get her an EKG and blood workup to see how her heart was doing. She was the first graduate of the Triad study finishing the protocol after 3 years but was still monitored until she died and contributed with an autopsy after.
Today I finished the registry for Beaux:

so he is following in Zoe's pawsteps.
He may be too small to be in the Triad study but it is still going on and if we have the opportunity we'll do it.
My emotions are whipsawed. I'm so happy to be able to provide more information for this study but to be so close to Zoe again is difficult. She and I put in a lot of miles together.

no subject
Date: 2026-09-30 20:46 (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-30 21:07 (UTC)I don't have any religious beliefs, but for my own sanity I have decided to assume that our beloved pets are joyfully frolicking on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. Where Zoe is still being a Very Good Girl.