bill_schubert: (Default)
[personal profile] bill_schubert
I pretty much stopped watching American football.  Most people would not find that odd but I spent a lot of my life reorganizing my schedule around the games.  When they were broadcast and when they were streamed by a service that was reasonably priced I watched.  Mostly NFL but a lot of college.  Then the money took over the game underwritten by the gambling and fantasy and they sucked all of the life out of it for me.

But I got a piece back last night.  Texas was due to get their ass kicked by Ohio State in the stadium here in Austin. The average ticket price to see the debacle was $822.  Tickets ranged from a low of $445 to $33564 to sit up near Matthew McConaughey.  

FUBO has managed to make me stick around for a bit longer so I had the game available and we watched.  What we saw was one of the greatest college football game comebacks of all time.  With seconds left UT scored  coming back from being rolled leaving the half score 23 to 3 to winning by a point after the Ohio offense stalled on the 30 and the Ohio kicker missed what would have been a game winning field goal.  

I'm halfway annoyed that it was a good game.  If it was as bad as it should have been I'd not care at all but now I'm almost interested again.

Regardless today is tennis and soccer.  Ben Shelton finally gets his chance at the gold ring and Austin FC plays against likely the best MLS team this year, likely to defeat.  Actually neither Shelton nor Austin are favored.  I'm just hoping the former is over before the latter starts.  If it is a five set match it will be close.

Then I'm done with tennis for a while at least until January when Austrailia gets going again.

I've got an appointment at HEB to get a Covid and Flu shot so I'll likely feel like crap in the morning.  But I've got pickleball so will move all the blood around and feel better.

I've got a 30 day trial with the Tiller financial system.  I got a bit burned out on it a couple of years ago and moved to Monarch.  My problem with all of them is I don't really need a budget, I just need a good tracking system.  Things have changed with AI so that I'm really just paying $90/year to have access to the Yodlee connection that downloads my transactions.  There are a couple of other things that I can do but what works really well is the auto download and the daily message with what has happened and where we stand.  We've been spending too much money, some of it discretionary, some of it just inflation WHICH DOES NOT EXIST!!!  So I need to have it in my face so I think about everything.

Time to do some exercise type stuff and then get shot.

Profile

bill_schubert: (Default)
bill_schubert

September 2026

S M T W T F S
   12 34 5
67 8910 1112
13 1415 16 17 1819
202122 23242526
2728 29 30   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 30th, 2026 22:41
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios