bill_schubert: (Default)
[personal profile] bill_schubert
Wow, now we've got August and then a couple or three months more and it will cool down.

I decided to get a second steroid injection in my right knee. The last one was in February. I'm doing OK but I do think I can do better, more physical therapy strength training and push my court mobility so that may be I can get back to where I don't need any more injections at all. I'm pretty sure unless something drastically changes that I can and will put off knee replacement indefinitely. The Internet Death Clock said I was likely to die at 89 but now says over a hundred. Regardless I'll keep my knee as it is as long as I can.

We're going to visit Dana's brother, Mark, today. He has some kind of progressive nerve desease in the vicinity of ALS. He's been bedridden for many years now in a care facility and, of course, his mind is not all there. He's only a year or so older than me but their family genes seem to be problematic and he didn't take care of himself much.

Dana visits once a month or so and obviously can't drive there. It is a $50 Uber ride so I'll be taking her. I haven't seen him for maybe a year so he may not even know who I am.

Nothing to be done. It is why I keep up the long term health insurance for both of us.

Today is insect day it seems. Somehow we ended up with a batch of houseflys all, it looks like, born in the past few days. It is not at all usual for us to have even one fly and we've killed dozens. Not sure how they got in but I ordered what turned out to be the wrong size replacement dog door flap from Amazon today. It came within 3 hours but by following the manufacture process to measure the flap I ended up with a medium when I needed a large. I ordered the right size and it will be here tomorrow.

Meanwhile we continue to deal with wasps of all kinds. This has been going on for a year. Whenever it is warm we get wasps. I will go around and spray half a dozen nests in the house soffits and the next day there will be more. I bought a couple of wasp sticky traps. They are replacing the ones that I've had hanging on the corners of the house. Not cheap but not chemical. And they work. They seem to keep the nest population down but I've spent about $90 on three cycles of the things.

Having written that I made a DIY wasp trap.  We'll see if it works.  

I cut the grass and my hair yesterday so I don't have much in the way of chores to get through today.  Other than the Mark trip I'll just be waiting around for the Austin FC game.

Profile

bill_schubert: (Default)
bill_schubert

August 2026

S M T W T F S
       1
23 45 678
9101112 1314 15
16 17 1819 2021 22
23 24252627 2829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Aug. 29th, 2026 07:40
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios